Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I miss my Husband! And what a good Sissy!

What a couple of days!!

Craig went to Florida yesterday with his big sister Terri to visit their parents for a couple of days and road-trip back with one of their cars tomorrow. It is so cool that they are able to get the time alone without kids and spouses...... Craig thinks it might have been 17 years ago or so since the four of them have been alone together. They got in mid afternoon last night and were able to go to Sana bell Island (a spot where they vacationed as kids) with their parents and there is not a photo of Craig on the wall at someplace called Cheeburger-Cheeburger (did I get that right?) for eating a One-Pound hamburger... Craig sounds like he is having a blast. How cool!

BUT I MISS MY HUSBAND!! :) It is amazing how much I have started to take for granted having him around. It is 11:30 at night and noises in the house are scaring me.... the bed seems too big... I didn't have a clue whether to watch House, Law and Order, One Tree Hill or Law and Order on the DVR because it doesn't seem right to watch any of them without him!

Monday was also had the second round of root canal (one on the left top and one on the right top) visits to my dentist last night. I have had so many horrible dental problems (another side effect of Cushing's) and they have all hurt so badly that I am TERRIFIED of the dentist. This is my first experience with a sedation dentist and so far so good. They gave me two pills to take an hour before the appointment on an empty stomach and it knocks me out for the visit. Since Craig was gone ---- my wonderful, dependable, overall amazing sister Maggey stepped in for Erin-Doctor Visit Duty. She came to work at about 3 and sat and helped me out with some things for a 5k that I am planning (more on this later) and even took a big tub to work on while she was waiting. We went by a vendor to pick up some DVD's that I had duplicated and the meds started to kick in. Maggey took over driving and we headed to the dentist. Thank god for the GPS because I don't think I could have found my house at that point! In fact -- I made her stop at a fruit stand in Webster Groves and buy apples, grapes and kiwi (I take it as a good sign that my subconscious wants fruit) and didn't even remember this until Maggey told me today and saw the bag of fruit in the fridge myself. Sheesh

Into the dentist where they were not able to finish one of the root canals because the infection in that tooth was still too bad to go forward with the procedure (same problem last time I was in). They put the crown on the other and we headed to Walgreens to get my painkiller prescription filled --- and buy Easter Candy because apparently I needed that as well (now that sounds more like me!). Maggey must have handled me well because we got back in the car and went to get mashed potatoes. Unfortunately the permanent crown came out right away!!!!!!!! I woke up all comfy and tucked in. What a great sissy!!! It is so nice to have such great people that you can rely on. PS - If you got a drugged - Erin phone call.... sorry!! And Maggey -- I will just forget the part about you texting photos of me splayed out asleep in the waiting room of the dentist office......

I was able to call the dentist this morning and from what I could tell them over the phone it sounds like it will need a bridge now. So now I have to work in another regular dentist appointment so they can look at it and come up with a treatment plan. AND I still have to go back to finish the other root canal. It never ends. Apparently I love doctor/dentist appointments.

It will be nice when the day comes that a trip to the dentist only involves cleaning or a simple cavity fill. Or a trip to the doctor will only be to regulate my thyroid or whatever other follow up has to happen after my surgery. Bring it on!

But for now there is a lot to be thankful for: a job that is flexible, coworkers that are understanding and VERY supportive, an amazing family and an eye on the prize.


Maggey and her boys (Tommy, Colin, Jrue and the neighbor boys)

No comments: