Saturday, April 18, 2009

I. Can. Sleep. :)

Good drugs. Not sure what they are --- but I am in lala land about 20 minutes after taking them and that makes me a much happier camper!! Poor Craig is being so patient. All I do is crab and sleep and work. This will be over soon!!

I am really trying to keep up on this blog thing - but it really feels a little odd. I am talking to outer space. Getting a little bit anxious about the surgery and I got back on Cushings-help.org and did a little bit of "stalking" people that have had surgeries done recently. It was a good reminder why it is important to do. Alicia has been out almost a month and her experience has been awful - but the details are good to know. Thank you Alicia!! I will be praying that everything calms down a bit and she can get to recovering. I keep making Craig read these so he knows who to yell at and what about. :)

Every day I am more and more grateful that I decided to work with doctors HERE as opposed to going to one of the doctors in Texas, Boston, etc. It is so comforting to know that if issues like Alicia's pop up -- the same team that operated will be there to help. The doctors and everyone at Barnes have been AMAZING so far!

Work is getting REALLY fun. I hosted a service day today with volunteers from one of our support churches. They were INCREDIBLE. I have never seen one group of people get so much done in a half of a day. I think I ran up and down the 5 flights of stairs around 100 times today. Pretty pooped. One more week of work left and a TON to do.

My main goal this weekend is NOT to get a head cold or infection. They will have to cancel the surgery if that happens.

I will post more about the pre op appointments last week. For now --- I have a quiet house and a big comfy bed that is calling my name! Oh and Happy Birthday Weekend - Mom and Pat (brother)! We are BBQing here for them tomorrow!


My Boys :)
Jrue, Craig and Tommy

1 comment:

judycolby said...

You really are lucky to be able to do all this locally. We have no options but to travel. Hoping all appointments go good!
Glad you're getting some sleep.